Have you just joined the PRSA Hoosier Chapter? Following are some tips you can use to get value from your membership from day one:
- Join a committee. From membership, finance or sponsorship, to event planning and social media, the PRSA Hoosier Chapter’s committees provide an opportunity to network with fellow members and to build on your professional skill set. To learn about committee volunteer opportunities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend a chapter event. Are you a new pro, mid-career or veteran professional? The PRSA Hoosier Chapter offers networking events and continuing education opportunities for all expertise levels and varying price points. Check out the chapter’s calendar to learn which event best meets your needs.
- Start pursuing your APR. Accredited in Public Relations (APR) demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning, a mastery of strategic communications and serves as a source of great personal pride for a public relations practitioner. The PRSA Hoosier Chapter offers a free study course and APR mentoring for chapter members. To learn more, email email@example.com.
- Check out professional development and discount opportunities available through the national organization. PRSA offers a plethora of no-cost and low-cost learning opportunities. The national organization has also collaborated with related businesses to offer its members discounts. The national organization also offers its own tips for getting the most value from your membership here.
- If you can’t find what you need, please ask. Members of the PRSA Hoosier Chapter are always willing to help you make the most of your membership. If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, contact one of our board of directors. We’re happy to help!