INDIANAPOLIS – June 2, 2022: The Public Relations Society of America Hoosier Chapter, Indiana’s statewide society of public relations and communications professionals, announced the winners of the 2022 Pinnacle Awards, which recognize the best public relations, strategic communications and marketing communications programs and projects of the state for 2021.
A total of 25 Pinnacle Awards, 31 Award of Honors, five students awards and one individual award were presented during the annual awards banquet that was held on Wednesday, June 1 at the Indiana Historical Society.
“We are awed by our members’ drive, creativity and tenacity to deliver such high-impact campaigns for their organizations and clients while navigating the complexities of yet another roller-coaster year,” said Deeksha Kapoor, president of the PRSA Hoosier Chapter. “Collectively, these programs and projects demonstrate the powerful impact of strategic public relations in action. It is an honor to be able to recognize Indiana’s top talent in public relations and communications and I congratulate all our well-deserved recipients for their inspiring work.”
Angela B. Freeman, partner with Barnes & Thornburg and host of the Indianapolis Business Journal podcast “The Freedom Forum,” emceed the event and inspired all participants with her uplifting message that encouraged PR professionals to put the relationship back into public relations.
The 2022 Pinnacle Awards recipients are:
PR Catalyst Award – Individual Award
Lauren Schregardus, vice president of strategic communications, BAR Communications
Best of Show – The highest award in the project entry and the program entry that received the highest overall scores.
Best of Show Project Category – Mother of Pearls Public Relations
TikTok for Teen Vaccines
Best of Show Program Category – Communications Redefined
Baalbek Reborn-Virtual tour launch
2022 Pinnacle Award Winners:
- American Red Cross, Indiana Region – Knock Out the Need Blood Drive
- Bahamonde Communications LLC – Indy Autonomous Challenge
- Bohlsen Group – Gleaners
- Eiteljorg Museum – Storyteller Magazine
- Formstack – Rise of the No-Code Economy
- Herd Strategies – Indianapolis African American Quality of Life Initiative
- Hirons for ICJI Victim Compensation Fund
- Hirons – Crossroads of America Council 26th Annual Governor’s Luncheon for Scouting
- Holsapple Communications – BEI Task Force Op-Ed
- Indiana Farm Bureau – Broadband Initiative
- Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance – CEO Communication Program
- Indiana Farm Bureau – Livestock Protection Depredation Sub-Permit Program
- Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance – Insurance to Value
- Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership – Rent-Focused Mortgage Lending Marketing Program
- Indiana Public Retirement System – INPRS Vesting Email Project
- Indianapolis Zoo – Prize Gala
- JTPR – El Tendedero/The Clothesline
- Medxcel for Medxcel Moments: Cultivating a Compelling Culture
- Medxcel for the Medxcel Podcast Program
- Pivot Marketing – Highly EVolved Steering Drivers away from Fossil Fuels
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology for Echoes – Rose-Hulman Alumni Magazine
- VOX Global – Your Next Step Campaign
- Vox Global and Richard M. Fairbanks Foundation – Business Equity for Indy Media Relations 2021
2022 Award of Honor Winners:
- Angela Cain Communications
- Bohlsen Group
- Borshoff for Loyola University Chicago
- Butler University’s Five Fountains
- Boiler Communications at Purdue University
- Communications Redefined
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
- Hirons and the Crossroads of America Council
- Hirons and Hopebridge Autism Therapy Centers
- Holsapple Communications
- Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis Zoological Society, Inc.
- J.C. Hart Company
- Kate Snedeker Communications
- McFarland PR & Public Affairs Inc.
- Newfields and Dittoe PR
- Pence Media Group
- Rose-Hulman Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Wheeler Mission
- VOX Global
The PRSA Hoosier Chapter represents public relations professionals from across Indiana, including employees of associations, agencies, corporations, universities, nonprofits, government and independent practitioners. With more than 275 members, it is one of the largest chapters in the United States. The PRSA Hoosier Chapter provides its members with various programs and events, along with accreditation training, news and information. Visit prsahoosier.org to learn more.
Every year, the Chapter gives away $2,000 in scholarships to deserving public relations students, with funds raised during the silent auction portion of the Pinnacle Awards ceremony.
To see photos of the event, click here.