Maximizing Your Membership in PRSA through Volunteerism
Professional development and networking are two of the top reasons professionals become members of PRSA.
One way to maximize your membership, garner unique professional development experience and get to know your fellow PRSA members is to serve in a volunteer role on one of our many committees.
While recruitment for the 2019 committees has closed, there are a few positions that we are still looking to fill, including:
- Conduct all research needs on behalf of the Chapter. This includes working with the Chapter administrator to conduct follow-up surveys after all Chapter events (e.g. luncheons, networking, etc.) for those in attendance.
- Serve as a research liaison for any board and Chapter needs and advises Chapter committee members on research needs to help aid their roles.
Scholarship Committee Member
- Coordinate the silent auction at the Pinnacle Awards, including, but not limited to: securing silent auction items, promoting the silent auction, on-site staffing of the silent auction, thank you letters to donors, securing payment from bidders, etc.
- Brainstorm and implement other methods of fundraising for the scholarships such as past president outreach, past scholarship recipient outreach, etc.
- Coordinate with other committees, such as events, Pinnacle Awards and communications
- Provide sponsors with proof of performance quarterly
Sponsorship Committee Member
- Create customized sponsorship interest letters, packages and thank you letters
- Meet with potential sponsors to present chapter packages
- Follow up with potential sponsors to secure sponsorship, answer questions and provide customer service
- Coordinate with other committees, such as events, luncheons, communications, to ensure sponsor benefits are fulfilled
Facebook/Instagram Committee Member
- Required to manage content and engagement on the PRSA Hoosier Chapter’s Facebook and Instagram.
- Create Facebook Events for each Chapter event and promote
- This individual is available to attend most, if not all Chapter events
Pinnacle Awards Committee – Reciprocal Judging
- Manages reciprocal judging in an online system
- Serves as liaison between Hoosier Chapter and reciprocal chapter
Member Retention Committee Member
- Participate in strategic planning with Chapter leadership to provide recommendations on strengthening chapter membership base and enhancing member engagement
- Send email reminders to those members whose membership is up for renewal and encourage them to renew to reduce any chances of membership lapse
- First email communication: 60 days before expiration
- Second email or phone communication: 30 days before expiration
- Email outreach with dropped members to gather feedback and encourage them to renew membership
- Participate in strategic planning with Chapter leadership to provide recommendations on strengthening chapter membership base
- Secure guest bloggers for PRSA member spotlight series
- Work closely with the communications committee to promote PRSA educational resources on Chapter-owned digital and social media platforms
Luncheons Committee – Speaker Coordination
- Prepare topic abstract/description used to solicit event speakers and as the foundation for shaping event communication
- Outreach to potential speakers and act as their point of contact for the event, communicate event details, determine dietary restrictions, determine if they are bringing guests
- Work with the speaker/panel/moderator to shape the presentation or panel discussion
- Collect speaker bios and headshots
If you’re interested in any of the following, contact 2018 President-Elect Emily Kibling, APR at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 16.
Thank you for your consideration!